Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Blessings"

 
Does God 'bless' us by NOT giving us what we are asking for? I love this song! Although God does not send suffering into our lives, He does allow Satan to do so. (see the story of Job). The outcome He desires to see from the trials, is that we draw closer to Him and what Satan plans for evil, God uses for good! Everything that happens to us is for OUR good!

Job's example is so rich. When he heard that all his children and all his livestock had been killed, this was his response,   Job 1:20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. 21He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away.  Praise the name of the Lord!” 22In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.

In the end Job received twice as much as he had to begin with. Job 42:12 God blessed the latter part of Job's life more than his beginning.

No comments: