Friday, January 27, 2012

Thankfulness

Thankfulness takes the sting out of adversity.
         In EVERYTHING give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1Thessalonians 5:18;  Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; Colossians 4:2; Giving thanks always for ALL things  to God the Father in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20


        If we give thanks to God in all things (regardless of our circumstances) He will bring us joy (regardless of our circumstances). This may seem irrational to some, or even impossible, but to those who choose to obey, God sends blessings even though difficulties may remain. We can choose to do, even when we don't feel like it. In Psalm 146:2   David says, "While I live I will praise the LORD: I will sing praises to my God while I have any being." in Psalm 145:2 "Every day will I bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever."  I love the Psalms. It is where I go when I am feeling sorry for myself, when I am feeling like God is far away, when things are not fair, when I am angry at someone....and the list goes on.  When I thank God for a situation that is difficult or even painful, it's as if a light has been turned on, and I see things from a different perspective.

Today, take time to read Psalm 145 & 146. Make it your own.

No comments: