Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Was 2014 a Rotten Year for You?


I can’t say 2014 was rotten for me, but I can say I have had my challenges! I think of some of my friends tho…. quite a few of them.  They have been dealt a rotten 2014! I walked through that rotten year with them and I feel their pain.

2 days ago I began listening to the Old Testament, (Audio version) this stuck out to me. 
But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.” (Exodus 14:13-14 NLT)

As I reflect on the past year, I now deliberately choose peace.
The 'Egyptians' in this verse symbolize the 'problems', the 'difficulties,' the 'challenges', the pure rottenness of this year. It says that God hardened Pharaoh's heart so that God's Name will be glorified". So don't lose heart or give up God WILL surely come thru for you. Choose peace.  He has already given us peace, (I’m leaving you with a gift,-- peace of mind and heart,  and the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  John 14:27).  We only need to accept and receive it.  Whisper His Name in the midst of the turmoil in your mind. Soon, His peace will be felt. 

So I stand up and shake it off.  I resolve to leave 2014 behind me and face forward to tackle what is to come in 2015 a new beginning, a brand new start. I will leave those “Egyptians” behind me and will see them no more! Thank goodness!

My Verses for 2015:  
 Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You [progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly] and that I may find favor in Your sight. And [Lord, do] consider that this nation is Your people.


And the Lord said, My Presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.   Exodus 33:13-14 Amplified Bible

No comments: