Thursday, April 5, 2012

Without Him



I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. John 15: 5-9




It occurs to me again from this Scripture, that without Jesus I can do nothing. It delights Him when I acknowledge that truth. We often wake up and assess our day based on the number of difficulties we face and think 'this is more than I can handle'...God also assesses our day and puts at our disposal the amount of power required. This power that He provides is in direct relation to the level of difficulty we will face. The degree to which He strengthens us in a given day is based mainly on two variables; the difficulty of our circumstances and our willingness to trust/depend on Him for help. Look to Him today for all that you need and watch to see what He does. As your day so will your strength be.

No comments: